Dr. C Family Dentistry is expanding and we are looking for individuals that would like to help us take our practice to the next level! Orthodontists specialize in the diagnosis, prevention, and correction of teeth and jaw irregularities. One of their primary job functions is to design, fabricate, or use orthodontic appliances to realign teeth and jaws in order to allow for normal functioning and to improve appearance.
- Using various diagnostic tests to determine the condition of patient’s teeth
- Studying patient records, including dental histories, plaster models of teeth, and X-rays to develop treatment plans for patients.
- Discussing treatment plans and cost estimates with patients
- Treating occlusion issues and other oral conditions
- Instructing assistants on orthodontic procedures and techniques
- Collaborating with other specialists, such as dentists and oral surgeons, to coordinate orthodontic services within the overall treatment plan
- Fitting patients for various orthodontic procedures and techniques
- Scheduling regular checkups with patients to make adjustments to orthodontic appliances, such as tightening braces, and tracking patient progress.
- Educating patients about on-going orthodontic care and explaining proper oral hygiene methods for good oral health.
- Providing referrals to other professionals, such as oral surgeons, when needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or a related field
- Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD) degree or a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree
- Further studies in orthodontics, accredited by the American Dental Association (ADA)
- Member of the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO)
- In-depth knowledge of various molds and orthodontic appliances
- Experience using hand tools (periodontal scalers, band pluggers, cutters, pliers) and diagnostic tools (digital X-rays, 3D images)
Skills and Abilities
- Superb dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Outstanding patient management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good judgment
- Organizational skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Negotiation skills
- Networking skills
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Healthcare reimbursement
- Bonus structure
- Yearly uniform stipend
- The chance to be a part of an awesome team!
Pay is dependent on experience. All of our doctors are earning 2-4 times the national average!
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please reply to this ad with a cover letter and resume with references. We look forward to hearing from you!