- Using various diagnostic tests to determine the condition of patient’s teeth
- Studying patient records, including dental histories, plaster models of teeth, and X-rays to develop treatment plans for patients.
- Discussing treatment plans and cost estimates with patients
- Treating occlusion issues and other oral conditions
- Instructing assistants on orthodontic procedures and techniques
- Collaborating with other specialists, such as dentists and oral surgeons, to coordinate orthodontic services within the overall treatment plan
- Fitting patients for various orthodontic procedures and techniques
- Scheduling regular checkups with patients to make adjustments to orthodontic appliances, such as tightening braces, and tracking patient progress.
- Educating patients about on-going orthodontic care and explaining proper oral hygiene methods for good oral health.
- Providing referrals to other professionals, such as oral surgeons, when needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or a related field
- Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD) degree or a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree
- Further studies in orthodontics, accredited by the American Dental Association (ADA)
- Member of the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO)
- In-depth knowledge of various molds and orthodontic appliances
- Experience using hand tools (periodontal scalers, band pluggers, cutters, pliers) and diagnostic tools (digital X-rays, 3D images)
Skills and Abilities
- Superb dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Outstanding patient management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good judgment
- Organizational skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Negotiation skills
- Networking skills
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Healthcare reimbursement
- Bonus structure
- Yearly uniform stipend
- The chance to be a part of an awesome team!
Pay is dependent on experience. All of our doctors are earning 2-4 times the national average!
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please reply to this ad with a cover letter and resume with references. We look forward to hearing from you!